Why the Global Beauty and Wellness Awards (GBWA)?
Although several awards exist for cosmetics and food companies or wellness hotels, industry executives have long been waiting for a global award, which is fully independent, highly prestigious, widely known and recognizes the top brands, products and services in a wide range of categories. Many brands just need one final push to become blockbusters. They have finally a marketing tool to make it happen: the Global Beauty & Wellness Awards. The Award represents genuine differentiation opportunities for ambitious companies and brands. Top calibre judges, fully independent from any publisher, industry association or exhibition organizer entities and a merit based voting policy guarantee a high prestige awards system.
Only awards of real prestige make true marketing sense
Dublin based Follow Me Agency, founder of the second-largest influencer Beauty & Trend Festival and Award in Europe, has worked with industry professionals to have an award, which represents genuine differentiation opportunities for ambitious companies and brands. Top calibre judges, fully independent from any publisher, industry association or exhibition organizer entities and a merit based voting policy guarantee a high prestige awards system.
The scope of the GBWA
Innovative products and services enhance human wellbeing and deserve recognition. On the other hand, consumers deserve to be informed about industry achievements. Cosmetics, organic foods, nutritional supplements producers and wellness hotels are encouraged now to apply for one or more awards in over 100 product or corporate categories to meet these demands. Industry executives appreciate that brands are now able to compete in one of three category segments: luxury, premium or popular in order to avoid cross-category product evaluation anomalies. In addition, applicants have the unique opportunity to create a new, tailor-made, niche category, if they don’t find the right one for themselves.
What is the duty of Jury members?
After an initial screening by a first-round jury, GBWA’s final decision makers will review and rate the 2-3 finalist products in one or more categories depending on their expertise. They will add a very short written explanation to their votes regarding the finalists.
What guarantees the independence of GBWA and what is the timing?
Members of the jury will vote independently, so they can’t influence each other. They are not allowed to judge an application from a company, where they work in any quality. Various disciplines related to beauty, personal care, hospitality, media and finances are represented in the jury. Nomination categories will be announced in Summer 2020, nominations will be received during the Summer / Autumn and the jury will decide upon the shortlists and the winners in October. The Awards ceremony will be held in November 2020, the latest.
Members of the Jury
Jury composition guarantees the unquestionable quality of decision making. Members include:
- Nadja Swarovski, great-great grand daughter of Swarovski founder, Daniel Swarovski and the first female Executive Board member of the business, responsible for its global brand, communications and sustainability strategies.
- Aseem Puri, the Global CMO of Unilever and CEO of Unilever Korea, one of the top 100 marketing leaders and educators in the world
- Henrik Mansson, the Board Member of iconic ICEHOTEL AB and former Global SVP HR for Mövenpick Hotels and and HR Director Europe for Moët Hennessy, a division of LVMH, later for Le Méridien Hotels
- Marco Monfils, the ex North American CMO of Reckitt Benckiser and Head of Unilever’s Innovation Center
- Anne Dimon, Co-Founder and President of the Wellness Tourism Association, an acknowledged wellness travel expert
- Arie Yom-Tov, a partner of a global Israeli investment group building a boutique hotel portfolio in 3 continents, developer/shareholder of Le Méridien Hotel in CE Europe
- Ana Linares, a top New York and Miami based fashion and travel blogger, an award-winning designer
The GBWA will have an extensive global communications campaign including press activities in key markets. Facebook and Instagram ads, a LinkedIn outreach program, social media activities and newsletters will support brand awareness for applicants, consumers and jury members alike. You are encouraged to nominate your products in 2020 and beyond to give the final push to your products for a significant growth path.
Preliminary inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: www.thegbwa.com